1/2 Photos of Crispy Chicken With Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
Chef Slattfri's Note:
Crispy strips of chicken with a delicious sweet & sour dipping sauce. Great for kids and adults alike.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to even thickness
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups japanese panko breadcrumbs or 1 1/3 cups other fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1To make the dipping sauce, in a bowl, stir together the apricot preserves, soy sauce, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Divide amont 4 small bowls or ramekins (optional- I just put it in one bowl and share with my husband).
- 2Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Spread the flour on a plate, beat the eggs in a shallow bowl until blended, and spread the bread crumbs on another plate. One at a time, dredge each chicken breast in the flour, dip in the eggs, and then coat evenly with the crumbs. Set aside on a rack or baking sheet.
- 3In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add the chicken breasts and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, turning once, until the crumbs are golden brown and the chicken breasts feel firm when pressed in the centers, about 4 minutes on each side. Adjust the heat as needed so the crumbs don't burn. Transfer to a cutting board.
- 4Cut each chicken breast across the grain into wide strips. Slide a knife under the strips and transfer to warmed individual plates. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken With Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 201.8 mg
- Sodium 1420.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 46.9 g