1/1 Photo of Crispy Chicken With Broccoli
Both the chicken and broccoli get pan seared in this stir fry recipe. Serve with white or brown rice. NOTE: If you are like me and freeze your ginger, then grate it, you should use less for this recipe, about 1 teaspoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the thickener
- 1Dust chicken with the baking soda and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2In a small bowl (or glass jar with lid) combine the soy sauce, mirin, oyster sauce, Worcestershire, sugar, and sesame oil; whisk (or shake jar) to combine.
- 3In another small bowl (or jar) combine the chicken stock with 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch, set aside.
- 4Heat a large skillet, or wok, over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of the canola oil until shimmering.
- 5Add broccoli and stir fry until the florets start to brown, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- 6Heat 2 more tablespoons oil and cook onion, on medium high heat, until they begin to brown and soften, about 5 minutes; add to broccoli.
- 7Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 8Meanwhile, toss the meat with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- 9Stir fry the garlic and ginger in the pan for 30 seconds; add in the chicken and stir fry until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- 10Return the broccoli and onion to the pan, add the soy sauce mixture and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is hot.
- 11Stir in the cornstarch mixture until the sauce thickens; taste for salt and add only if needed (I didn't).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken With Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.0
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.3 mg
- Sodium 1473.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 16.7 g