Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces.
- Discard wing tips or save for making chicken broth.
- Mix egg, 2 tsp.
- vegetable oil, the soy sauce, sugar, and five spice powder; pour over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add water to chicken.
- Stir flour, cornstarch, and baking soda into chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil (1 1/2 inches) in wok (we use a deep fryer) to 350 degrees.
- Fry 4 or 5 chicken pieces at a time until light brown, turning 2 or 3 times, about 5 minutes; drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or hot mustard.
- 6 servings