Recipe by Nelly
This makes a delicious dinner, fast and economical too.A friend passed on the recipe to me and I have made it several times.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilies, seeded and finely chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 grated lemon, juice and rind of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons parsley (or half as much dried)
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, with skin they are quite easy to bone y necessary
- salt and pepper
- boiled fragrant thai rice or basmati rice
- green vegetables, such as broccoli to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the garlic, chilli, lemonrind and coriander or parsley.
- Generously season the chick thighs, then gently loosen the skin from the flesh.
- Spoon the chilli mixture between the skin and the flesh, the stretch the skin back into place.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and cook the chicken thighs skin-side down for 20 minutes over medium heat, without turning, until the skin is crunchy and deep-golden and the flesh has cooked through.
- Turn the chicken and squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Cook for a further minute or so, then serve skinside up with plain rice and green vegetables.