1/3 Photos of Crispy Chicken Tenders With Honey Mustard Sauce
I saw this recipe on the Neely's and have adapted it to fit our tastes. Note: I've tried cutting the honey mustard sauce in half because I thought it would be too much, and it was just barely enough. I would recommend making the full amount because it will keep in the fridge for a week. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- peanut oil, for frying
honey mustard sauce
- 1Cut chicken into long strips. Set aside.
- 2Place beaten eggs in a shallow bowl. Place flour in another shallow bowl (I like to season flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cayenne for extra flavor).
- 3Place panko breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl and season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 4Dip the chicken strips in the flour, then the beaten egg, then dredge into seasoned panko.
- 5Fry chicken in batches in deep fryer preheated to 350 degrees for about 6-8 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through and golden brown.
- 6Remove to drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper once out of the fryer. Serve with honey mustard sauce.
- 7To make the honey mustard sauce: Mix together the mustard, honey, mayo, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Will keep in fridge up to a week.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken Tenders With Honey Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 286.6 mg
- Sodium 1410.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 65.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning