Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken made with crispy rice cereal for that extra coating crunch.
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal, crushed to equal 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 lbs frying chickens
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place crushed cereal in a shallow dish.
- Stir in paprika; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk slightly.
- Add flour, salt, pepper& poultry seasoning;.
- mix until smooth.
- Dip chicken in batter.
- Coat with crushed cereal.
- Place in single layer, (skin side up).
- in a well greased baking pan.
- Drizzle with melted margarine or butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 1 hour,.
- or until chicken is tender and done.
- Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.
- Serves 4.