Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the chicken strips need to chill for a minumum of 6-24 hours, also the dipping sauce needs to chill before using to blend flavors, it is best to make both at the same time and refrigerate. If you do not care for the taste of cumin then omit. Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
This was really good and simple to make, and the sauce was okay but I found it a little bland. I ended up switching to my own version of ranch. Next time I'll spice it up a little more, I was afraid to be too heavy handed because of my little ones. Thanks Kitten!
- 8 -9 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into about 1-inch strips)
- 2 cups full-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups flour
- oil (for frying)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspooon black pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- For dipping sauce; mix all ingredients in a glass bowl; cover and chill until ready to serve with the strips.
- For the chicken; In a large bowl combine the milk with salt, black pepper, cumin and garlic powder until well combind, then add in chicken strips, toss to combine with the milk mixture, cover and refrigerate for 6-24 hours.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven to 3-inches depth to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
- Drain the chicken well and discard marinade (do not rinse the chicken).
- Coat the strips in the flour.
- Cook a few strips at a time until golden.
- Drain on paper towels or on a clean brown paper bag.
- Serve hot or warm with prepared dipping sauce.