Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This batter makes for the *best* crispiest chicken strips, the cayenne is only optional I like to add in for a heat, you may adjust the amount --- use only club soda for this not 7-up --- this may also be used successfully with pieces of meaty fish :)
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips or pieces)
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 3 cups club soda
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Lightly coat chicken with flour (this will help the batter stick) let dry 5-10 minutes.
- Mix together pancake mix, club soda and seasonings.
- Deep fry in 425 degree oil about 6-8 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
I don't often make fried food, so it's a rare treat around my house. The family enjoyed them. Next time I will half the recipe as we have lots of left chicken tenders and only used up half of the batter.
Kitten... THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP..I made these for dinner tonite and they were fantastic.. Nice and crunchy on the outside and tender, moist inside. I am so glad i found this recipe.. DH SAID MAKE THEM AGAIN SOON..
Awesome - perfect-o!