Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really delicious and easy snack for visitors or easy dinner while watching a movie.
- 500 g raw chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- oil (for cooking)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Lightly spray (or pour) oil into a roasting dish (or a baking tray).
- Pull the skin off the chicken breasts.
- Cut into thin slices (approximately 1cm wide, 2cm deep).
- Mix the eggs and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and crushed cornflakes (and chilli powder if you like it hot!).
- Dip each chicken finger in the egg mixture and then into the crumb mix. Press the crumb mix into the finger to make the coating a bit thicker.
- Place carefully onto the tray. Continue until all the chicken is coated.
- Spray lightly with oil then bake for 15 - 25 minutes until crisp and cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold with BBQ, Sweet Chilli, Mayo or Aoli dipping sauces.
Excellent. I added a good dash of cayenne pepper to the flour and hot wing sauce to the egg mixture.
This was really good, I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs. We didn't use the chili powder cause the kids dont like really hot things. I liked the coating alot! Thanks for posting!