Recipe by JMigs;0)
From Kraftfoods Magazine, a healthy entree: Crispy and creamy, also easy to prepare. "It's so satisfying you'll never guess that it's a smart choice, too."
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 14 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup light chive & onion cream cheese
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and steamed (1 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice with 1 1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix cracker crumbs with Parmesan cheese on a plate.
- Rinse chicken with cold water; shake off excess water.
- Dip chicken into cracker mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium.
- Add chicken and cook 5 - 6 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Place chicken on serving plate. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of broth and cream cheese spread to same skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture just comes to boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice and aspapagus.