From Kraftfoods Magazine, a healthy entree: Crispy and creamy, also easy to prepare. "It's so satisfying you'll never guess that it's a smart choice, too."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 14 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup light chive & onion cream cheese
- 3/4 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and steamed (1 lb)
- 1Cook brown rice with 1 1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.
- 2Mix cracker crumbs with Parmesan cheese on a plate.
- 3Rinse chicken with cold water; shake off excess water.
- 4Dip chicken into cracker mixture, turning to coat.
- 5Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium.
- 6Add chicken and cook 5 - 6 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- 7Place chicken on serving plate. Set aside and keep warm.
- 8Add remaining 1/2 cup of broth and cream cheese spread to same skillet.
- 9Cook on medium heat until mixture just comes to boil, stirring constantly.
- 10Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 11Spoon sauce over chicken.
- 12Serve with rice and aspapagus.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken & Sauce With Asparagus Spears
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
light chive & onion cream cheese