1/2 Photos of Crispy Chicken & Rice Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is absolutley delicious! It is not only tasty but has a wonderful crunchy texture with the almonds, water chestnuts & cornflakes cereal. Recipe is from Southern Living, SEPTEMBER 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2Stir together cooked rice and next 10 ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle evenly with cereal.
- 5Bake at 350?
- 6for 30 minutes (I bake it longer) or until golden and bubbly.
- 7Garnish, if desired.
- 8Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired.
- 9Thaw casserole in refrigerator overnight.
- 10Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350?
- 11for 45 minutes.
- 12Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken & Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 993.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: