Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
The po-boy is a wonderful southern classic icon from New Orleans
Make and share this Crispy Chicken Po Boys With Cajun Remoulade recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground dried dried ancho chile powder
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- canola oil, for deep fat frying
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large french style rolls
- lettuce leaf
- 1 sliced tomatoes
- 1 sliced red onion
- Heat 4 inches of oil to 365 degrees in a large heavy pot.
- Combine salt, white pepper, ground chili, panko and flour in a shallow plate.
- Rinse chicken tenders, drain. Dredge each chicken tender in panko spice mixture and reserve on a plate.
- Mix cajun remoulade by combining red onion, capers, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, cajun seasonings with mayonnaise; set aside.
- Slice french rolls in half lengthwise and toast lightly under broiler.
- In large heavy pot fry chicken tenders (try not to crowd) until golden brown about 4-6 minutes. This may be done in batches. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Next spread toasted rolls with remoulade. Place lettuce leaf on each half followed by sliced tomatoes, and sliced red onion. Top with hot chicken tenders.