Crispy Chicken Po Boys With Cajun Remoulade
- Heat 4 inches of oil to 365 degrees in a large heavy pot.
- Combine salt, white pepper, ground chili, panko and flour in a shallow plate.
- Rinse chicken tenders, drain. Dredge each chicken tender in panko spice mixture and reserve on a plate.
- Mix cajun remoulade by combining red onion, capers, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, cajun seasonings with mayonnaise; set aside.
- Slice french rolls in half lengthwise and toast lightly under broiler.
- In large heavy pot fry chicken tenders (try not to crowd) until golden brown about 4-6 minutes. This may be done in batches. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Next spread toasted rolls with remoulade. Place lettuce leaf on each half followed by sliced tomatoes, and sliced red onion. Top with hot chicken tenders.