This comes from "Grandma's Kitchen Collection" of recipe cards that I have. This is a great recipe. Tasty Tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Whisk eggs, salt and pepper until blended. Dip chicken in egg mixture and coat with cracker crumbs.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken. Cook chicken until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side; drain. Arrange in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350°F Wipe skillet with paper towels. Combine tomato sauce, basil and garlic powder in the skillet and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
- 5Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 6 minutes. Stir in butter. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- 6Bake, covered, for 30 minutes; remove the cover. Top each chicken breast with mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.6
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 174.1 mg
- Sodium 1309.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 41.0 g