Crisp flautas are usually fried and full of fat. This recipe offers a grilled and reduced fat version. Serve wtih pico de gallo and non-fat sour cream, unless you don't give a hoot and have major oink tendencies like myself, in which case, go hog wild and use full-fat stuff.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and roast in oven for about 1/2 hour. When it's cooked through, remove bones and skin and shred the chicken.
- Heat the chicken stock in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes and shredded chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool and drain any excess liquid.
- Soften tortillas with a bit of chicken stock and place chicken mixture in the center. Roll up tightly and seal with two toothpicks. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place seam side down on medium flame on grill and turn while cooking until crispy - about 5-7 minutes.
- You can also bake them in a preheated 375F oven about 20 minutes until crisp. Remove from grill, cut in half and remove toothpicks.