1/2 Photos of Crispy Chicken Flautas
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Crisp flautas are usually fried and full of fat. This recipe offers a grilled and reduced fat version. Serve wtih pico de gallo and non-fat sour cream, unless you don't give a hoot and have major oink tendencies like myself, in which case, go hog wild and use full-fat stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper and roast in oven for about 1/2 hour. When it's cooked through, remove bones and skin and shred the chicken.
- 2Heat the chicken stock in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and sauté until onion is translucent.
- 3Add tomatoes and shredded chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, cool and drain any excess liquid.
- 5Soften tortillas with a bit of chicken stock and place chicken mixture in the center. Roll up tightly and seal with two toothpicks. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 6Place seam side down on medium flame on grill and turn while cooking until crispy - about 5-7 minutes.
- 7You can also bake them in a preheated 375F oven about 20 minutes until crisp. Remove from grill, cut in half and remove toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken Flautas
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.7 g