Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are quick and delicious. Kids love them and they go well with fries and a salad for an easy to prepare meal. Serve with honey mustard and/or your favorite BBQ sauce.
- 2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a pie plate or shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken tenders in mixture and coat well with bread crumbs.
- Heat about a 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet over medium high heat and fry tenders until golden brown and crispy on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with honey mustard (combine honey and mustard well:).
These were very tender and tasty chicken fingers. I couldn't find Italian bread crumbs, so I used plain bread crumbs with a bit of oregano, basil and black pepper mixed in. The only problem I had was getting the breadcrumbs to stick. They covered fine but about half of them fell off while I was frying them. I wonder if it would be better (and lower fat) to bake the chicken with the chips? All and all a good recipe though, and the honey mustard is a nice finishing touch.
This is a very good recipe! The dipping sauce and ease makes this fried chicken recipe a keeper! I had to fry on the stove at medium rather than medium high but followed the recipe exactly besides that.