Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my adopted recipes and I made a couple changes to it, to give it some zest.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mrs. dash original seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse chicken with cold water, and pat dry.
- Combine bread crumbs and other ingredients (except milk), stirring well.
- Dip drumsticks in skim milk.
- Dredge in breadcrumb mixture, coating well.
- Place drumsticks in a 10x6x2" baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 1 hour or till tender.
Very quick and easy to make BUT.. NO TASTE! I followed the recipe and later checked to see if I'd left anything out which would have boosted the flavor, like SALT, but no, it didn't call for any seasonings other than the garlic powder & parmesan. After an hour in the oven, the drumstick tops were still just the dry breadcrumbs -- they looked very unappetizing -- so I turned them and left them in the oven for another 5-7 minutes. The coating then became mushy - yikes! The taste was bland as all get out -- you couldn't really taste the garlic and parmesan. I used dried parsley flakes rather than fresh, but I can't imagine that made all the difference. I'll stick with my own oven-fried chicken method, which is dip in egg, coat in seasoned (and salted!) flour, roll in melted margarine and bake. I always sprinkle with extra seasoned salt done. Tastes great! I'll never use this recipe again. Sorry!