Recipe by Valerie in Florida
From Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals. I saw this on t.v. one night and made it the next night. It was easy and delicious.
Top Review by shannon.crowley
I also found this on Rachel Rays 30 Minute Meals and my entire family loved it! The garlic and red pepper flakes gave it just the right amount pizzaz, not too hot for the kids, they loved it too!
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano (I used romano)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pine nuts
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 eggs, beaten
- olive oil, for shallow frying (I used canola oil)
Basil Parlsey Sauce
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or more if needed)
- 1 roma tomatoes or 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides and turn lightly in flour.
- Combine next 7 ingredients in food processor and pulse process the crumbs to chop up the spices, garlic and nuts and evenly distribute the flavors throughout the crumb and cheese nixture.
- Transfer this mixture to a plate.
- Beat eggs in separate shallow dish.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in large skillet, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan, over medium to medium high heat.
- Coat the cutlets in eggs then breading and then add to the hot oil.
- Cook cutlets in a single layer, in two batches if necessary about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Return food processor bowl to base and add basil, parsley and lemon juice.
- Add a little salt and pepper.
- Turn processor on and stream in oil until a loose paste forms.
- Serve chicken cutlets witha generous amount of basil and parsley sauce poured over the cutlets.
- Garnish the chicken with finely chopped Roma tomato.