Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very tasty twist to boring chicken! I have made this and my whole family enjoyed it- which is a rare thing around my house of picky eaters! Recipe from Taste of Home April/May 200 issue, giving credit to Debra Smith from Brookfield, MO.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, -finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg white.
- In another shallow bowl. combine pecans, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg white, then coat with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.