Recipe by Chef Sweet Sal
I am always looking for easy recipes with maxiumum flavor, and this one is it. The chicken comes out crispy and golden yellow. It has only 5 ingredients, and comes from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food show. I didn't even use the limes and it came out great, and the carrots come out tasting like candy.
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skin on, about 3 pounds total (drumsticks and thighs)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths, halved lengthwise if thick
- 1 cup rice
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Place chicken in the center of a large rimmed baking sheet; season the outside with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Scatter carrots around chicken. Roast until chicken is cooked through, and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165°F, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan with a lid, bring 2 cups water to a boil; season with salt and pepper. Add rice; return to a boil. Stir, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and scatter lime zest over rice. Cover pan, and let steam 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Sprinkle lime juice over carrots (still on hot baking sheet); toss, scraping up and incorporating any browned bits. Fluff rice gently with a fork; serve with chicken and carrots.