Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am always looking for easy recipes with maxiumum flavor, and this one is it. The chicken comes out crispy and golden yellow. It has only 5 ingredients, and comes from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food show. I didn't even use the limes and it came out great, and the carrots come out tasting like candy.
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skin on, about 3 pounds total (drumsticks and thighs)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths, halved lengthwise if thick
- 1 cup rice
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, slivered
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Place chicken in the center of a large rimmed baking sheet; season the outside with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Scatter carrots around chicken. Roast until chicken is cooked through, and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165°F, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan with a lid, bring 2 cups water to a boil; season with salt and pepper. Add rice; return to a boil. Stir, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and scatter lime zest over rice. Cover pan, and let steam 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Sprinkle lime juice over carrots (still on hot baking sheet); toss, scraping up and incorporating any browned bits. Fluff rice gently with a fork; serve with chicken and carrots.
Very tasty chicken. I used boned-in chicken breasts. Quick and easy. I didn't do the rice. Made for PAC.
Thank you for posting this recipe. Hubby loved this so very much. The chicken was so tasty and crispy. Hubby likes his food really spicy so I added a little Gram Marsala, ginger and just a little cinnamon. We are just starting the Dr Adkins low carb diet so I did not add the carrots or use the rice. But I am really looking forward to using the carrots when I am more established on the diet.