- 4 chicken breasts, cut horizontally, and pounded to about 1/4 inch thick or 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 354.88 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 eggs, whisked with
- 29.58 ml water
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml heavy whipping cream
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice, plus
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 28.39 ml chicken stock
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken:.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Zest two lemons. Bake zest for about 5 minutes until dry.
- On one paper plate combine flour, pepper and salt. On another paper plate combine eggs and water, whisk until combined. On another paper plate combine dry lemon zest, bread crumbs and cheese.
- Place pounded chicken in the flour, coating well, followed by the egg mixture and the bread crumbs.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place chicken in pan and cook on each side about 5 minutes until middle is no longer pink. You will need to work in batches, adding more oil and butter as needed.
- Keep chicken warm in oven at 250°F.
- For the lemon sauce:.
- Over medium heat in a fairly large saucepan heat canola oil. Add minced garlic and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and boil until reduced by one-third.
- Add Dijon, lemon juice, chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Serve chicken with lemon sauce and mashed garlic potatoes.