1/2 Photos of Crispy Chicken Costoletta
I had this chicken at Cheesecake Factory and LOVED it! I looked for the recipe online and this is the closest I could find.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, cut horizontally, and pounded to about 1/4 inch thick or 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 354.88 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 eggs, whisked with
- 29.58 ml water
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1For the chicken:.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°F.
- 3Zest two lemons. Bake zest for about 5 minutes until dry.
- 4On one paper plate combine flour, pepper and salt. On another paper plate combine eggs and water, whisk until combined. On another paper plate combine dry lemon zest, bread crumbs and cheese.
- 5Place pounded chicken in the flour, coating well, followed by the egg mixture and the bread crumbs.
- 6Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 7Place chicken in pan and cook on each side about 5 minutes until middle is no longer pink. You will need to work in batches, adding more oil and butter as needed.
- 8Keep chicken warm in oven at 250°F.
- 9For the lemon sauce:.
- 10Over medium heat in a fairly large saucepan heat canola oil. Add minced garlic and sauté about 3 minutes.
- 11Add whipping cream and boil until reduced by one-third.
- 12Add Dijon, lemon juice, chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- 13Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- 14Serve chicken with lemon sauce and mashed garlic potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken Costoletta
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.9
- Calories from Fat 618
- Total Fat 68.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.6 g
- Cholesterol 356.6 mg
- Sodium 959.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of