Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had this chicken at Cheesecake Factory and LOVED it! I looked for the recipe online and this is the closest I could find.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut horizontally, and pounded to about 1/4 inch thick or 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 eggs, whisked with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup chicken stock
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- For the chicken:.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Zest two lemons. Bake zest for about 5 minutes until dry.
- On one paper plate combine flour, pepper and salt. On another paper plate combine eggs and water, whisk until combined. On another paper plate combine dry lemon zest, bread crumbs and cheese.
- Place pounded chicken in the flour, coating well, followed by the egg mixture and the bread crumbs.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place chicken in pan and cook on each side about 5 minutes until middle is no longer pink. You will need to work in batches, adding more oil and butter as needed.
- Keep chicken warm in oven at 250°F.
- For the lemon sauce:.
- Over medium heat in a fairly large saucepan heat canola oil. Add minced garlic and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and boil until reduced by one-third.
- Add Dijon, lemon juice, chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Serve chicken with lemon sauce and mashed garlic potatoes.
The chicken is on, except panko is a better crumb to use. I brought home some sauce from the restaurant once and it hardened like a soft butter overnight. So I don't think this sauce is accurate.....and the sauce also has herbs in it. Fresh Thyme.
I made this recipe tonight. I tried a cup of half & half and a cup of heavy cream for the sauce. I don't think I got the right thickness though. I pounded the chicken breasts after cutting them in half, made them real tender. I used Panko with Italian Seasoning, but I didn't really taste the lemon zest- maybe the seasoning over powered it. I made some angel hair pasta. Put the chicken over a little pasta and added the sauce on top. It was good. Going to try it again for some friends.
My husband and I loved this! I've never had the dish at Cheesecake Factory so I can't compare but this was excellent. Served with broccoli instead of mashed potatoes.