Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A revised version of my original recipe, this one is less spicy and also has a few extra steps that I forgot to mention in my previous recipe. Enjoy the new recipe!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herb seasoning mix, seasoning of choice (thyme, basil, oregano, etc. add to flour AND bread crumbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika and cayenne (add to flour AND bread crumbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper (add to flour AND bread crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 8 medium flour tortillas (might say large on the package but look for 8 tortillas on package)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (1/2 cup per person)
- 2 cups tomatoes (1/2 cup per person)
- 2 cups caesar salad dressing (1/2 cup per person) or 2 cups ranch salad dressing (1/2 cup per person)
- PART 1 – CHRISPY CHICKEN:.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F Remove skin from chicken, rinse chicken breast and pat dry.
- Combine flour, herb blend, paprika, cayenne, pepper, and salt and place in paper / plastic bag or washable bucket, set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, and mustard together until smooth, set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs and same amount of herb blend, paprika, cayenne, pepper, and salt as listed above for the flour mixture, set aside.
- Re-moisten chicken breast cubes and then coat 10 - 15 cubes at a time in flour mixture, shaking bag / bucket vigorously.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and shake off excess.
- Dip chicken in bread crumb mixture and coat evenly and thoroughly.
- Place in shallow lightly greased (or lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper) baking pans. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce to 375 degrees and cook additional 25 - 30 minutes until browned, crispy and juices run clear.
- PART 2 – CEASER WRAPS:.
- Meanwhile while the chicken is cooking, dice up the tomato and vegetables of choice and store in a bowl. Cut or shred the romaine lettuce into thin strips and store in another bowl.
- Place 5 chicken breast cubes on one tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle on top: the romaine lettuce, tomato, Caesar or Ranch dressing, and any other dressing or vegetables of choice. Fold the wrap and serve hot.