South Fla Sassy Chef's Note:
This is a great twist on a family favorite. I love the extra umph the crispiness gives to this classic casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 ounces broccoli (frozen)
- 8 ounces broccoli, cauliflower mix (frozen)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces progresso cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces Minute Rice (family size)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup butter garlic herbed croutons
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Cook vegetables- chop into small bite size pieces and then set aside.
- 2Clean and rinse chicken breasts; chop into small pieces and cook in a heated frying pan with the EVOO, salt and pepper, garlic and onion.
- 3In a blender, combine 1/2 of the bag of shredded cheese, mushroom soup once blended combine in a large mixing bowl with the veggies and the chicken once it is nearly cooked (if its not all the way done that's okay because you will be cooking it in the oven for 30 minutes and you don't want the chickent to be too tough)
- 4Add cooked rice last to your 9x11 pan- again if the rice is a bit under done it will be okay because you have to bake this once it is mixed together for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees- you don't want it to get mushy.
- 5In another small bowl combine hot melted butter and croutons until the croutons are basically reduced to buttery bread crumbs- I had to use a hard spoon to mash them down in order to get them to the right consistency. Add the remaining cheese to the buttery crushed croutons.
- 6Once you put the complete mixture in the 9x11 pan sprinkle the crouton cheese mix on top of the casserole and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- 7Top should be golden brown and crispy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.6
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 985.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 26.5 g