1/3 Photos of Crispy Chicken a L'Orange and Brown Rice
1 hr 45 mins
Everything Tasty Kitchen's Note:
I can't decide if my favorite part of this dish is the sweet taste of the orange marmalade mixed with the Asian flavors of the soy and honey with a bite of juicy chicken or if it's a spoonful of rice that cooks so nicely under the chicken, capturing the savory juices, and crispy pieces along the sides of the pan. Which ever part you like best, this is a winner all around. It's just as good reheated too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook rice according to package and toss with the butter and chopped raw carrots. Spread the rice mixture in a large casserole dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Sprinkle the orange juice over the rice and than place all the chicken pieces in a single layer over the rice and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread a layer of orange marmalade on the chicken and scatter the rest over the rice.
- 5Sprinkle the soy and honey over the chicken and rice.
- 6With the back of a wooden spoon, poke a few wholes in the rice to allow the juices from all the ingredients to get into the rice.
- 7Bake uncovered for 50 minutes and once browned, cover loosely with foil and let cook another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is brown, bubbling and a little crusty on the edges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken a L'Orange and Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1337.4
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 266.7 mg
- Sodium 1355.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 66.1 g