Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, salt, paprika, oregano, sage and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture; place in the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake until coated.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in.
- of oil to 375°.
- Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Place in two ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.