Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great tasting way to use up those rice krispies before they go stale!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Dip 4 boneless chicken breasts in butter then roll in rest of ingredients.
- Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Can prepare earlier in day and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Note: do not use extra butter or the coating will be soggy, not crispy.
Good recipe - I especially love the buttery taste! I added a bit more seasonings though - 1 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp ground coriander. And I used chicken drummettes instead of breasts. Turned out pretty well. I just wish that the rice krispies would stick on better. Maybe next time I will use egg coating instead of butter and just drizzle melted butter over the chicken before baking. Thanks Marg for a great recipe, which I will make often.
I wasn't to impressed by this dish, my husband said, this shouldn't be called crispy chicken, more like squishy chicken. It was very moist, but I won't be making it again.
Hubby and I both loved this recipe. I think I would add more rice krispies. The batter didn't quite cover the 3 chicken breats that I made.