Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my family favourites!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Cream butter. Add sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter alongwith salt. Stir in flour, chips and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake till edges are nicely browned i.e. for about 10 minutes.
these were delicious! I left out the chocolate chips, (weird, I know) because I don't like them, but i love the taste of the rest of the cookie. Anyway, these cookies were crispy and tender and amazing in general. i will be making these again!
Has become a family favorite and baking staple in my house! We've tried lots of recipes but this is the best by far! Thanks!
the best, and i mean THE BEST chocolate chip cookies i have EVER eaten!!!!