Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice comfort dish simular to potato casserole from Cracker Barrel. Don't forget to attach the crumbs to the bag somehow. Recipe makes 3 meals.
- 96 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 48 ounces sour cream
- 4 1⁄2 cups cream of chicken soup, slightly thinned with milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ASSEMBLY DIRECTIONS:.
- Thaw the potatoes just slightly and break them apart well.
- Mix the onion, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese.
- Stir in half of the potatoes and mix well.
- Stir in remaining potatoes.
- In another bowl or pan, melt the butter.
- Stir the cornflakes into the melted butter.
- FREEZING AND COOKING:.
- Place the potatoe mixture in freezer bags.
- Label and freeze.
- Place corn flake/butter mixture into a small freezer bag or container.
- Attach to the potato mixture.
- TO SERVE:.
- Thaw potatoes and crumb topping.
- Put into a sprayed or greased 9x13 pan and top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
These made a good dinner along with a meat loaf. We didn't add the onions because of DD. We reduced to just 1 side. Made for Aus/NZ swap.
I cut this recipe down for 1 side dish. It was tasty like scalloped potatoes. The cornflake topping was a nice touch. [made for AUS/NZ recipe swap #19 Aug '08]