Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this tempting recipe came from Jean Carper's 'EatSmart' column in the 9-11 Feb 2007 issue of the USA Weekend paper.
Top Review by Marie
I am giving this 5 stars even though I think some improvement can be made. I will definitely add some garlic salt next time and omit the salt. Also one egg should be plenty as others have reviewed. It also needed more of the olive oil spray than I used because the cauliflower came out a little dry. A great idea and very tasty and a recipe which I will be tweaking a little further. Thanks very much for posting.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, spray
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 large head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finel chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheet with olive oil.
- In a shallow dish, combine cheese, cumin, cayenne, salt & pepper.
- Dredge cauliflower pieces in egg, then in cheese mix.
- Put on cookie sheet, & spray with oil.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove to serving plate, & sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges.