Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You may omit the Shake & Bake chicken coating mix and use about 1 cup cornflake crumbs :)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed corn flakes (measured 1/2 cup after crushing)
- 1⁄2 cup shake & bake chicken coating mix (use Southern Fried or regular flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (a little more butter may be needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to lowest position.
- Grease a medium jelly-roll pan (or a baking pan large enough to hold the chicken).
- In a shallow dish combine the crushed cornflake crumbs with the Shake & Bake chicken coating mix, Parmesan cheese and grated cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter with garlic powder.
- Dip each breast firstly in melted butter. then coat in the cornflake mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Season the top of each breast with a little seasoned salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through (baking time should be no more than 35 minutes).
I made this last night and it was really great! My son and his friend devoured it. The only thing I did was cut back on the butter which left it a bit dry so will not be doing that in the future. This is another recipe that is a keeper. Thanks!!
I made this for the first time for my family, everyone enjoyed it! My three year old ate a half a breast (the breasts were giant) and loved the breading! My parents liked the twist of adding cheese to the breading. Would recommend this recipe for anyone looking for a tasty, quick, chicken recipe with a little pizzaz! I used 6 large breasts and had just enough coating to make them with this recipe.
My 3yo loved the coating, refused the chicken. Only shock is that she tried and loved part of it. :) My oven is being finicky, so I'm going to need to play with things a bit. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!