Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You may omit the Shake & Bake chicken coating mix and use about 1 cup cornflake crumbs :)
Top Review by cle0369
I made this last night and it was really great! My son and his friend devoured it. The only thing I did was cut back on the butter which left it a bit dry so will not be doing that in the future. This is another recipe that is a keeper. Thanks!!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed corn flakes (measured 1/2 cup after crushing)
- 1⁄2 cup shake & bake chicken coating mix (use Southern Fried or regular flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (a little more butter may be needed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to lowest position.
- Grease a medium jelly-roll pan (or a baking pan large enough to hold the chicken).
- In a shallow dish combine the crushed cornflake crumbs with the Shake & Bake chicken coating mix, Parmesan cheese and grated cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter with garlic powder.
- Dip each breast firstly in melted butter. then coat in the cornflake mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Season the top of each breast with a little seasoned salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through (baking time should be no more than 35 minutes).