- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Flour and butter in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or 2 knives or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until blended.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch or 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool immediately.
- Makes 48 small ro 30 large cookies.