Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
500 Best Cookies, Bars & Squares. Saving recipe so I can try it later
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Flour and butter in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or 2 knives or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until blended.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch or 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool immediately.
- Makes 48 small ro 30 large cookies.
Very nice cookies! Everyone loved them, thanks!
These are terrific! (It's the butter :-)) They are similar to the ones I have been making for years (Cheese Pastries (Vegetarian Epicure))but the rice cereal (yeah, Rice Crispies!) add a delightful crunch.