Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really easy & delicious! I got this recipe from http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
- In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers.
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- Into a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
Good recipe for what it is. I salt and peppered the chicken before even dredging it, and felt it could have even used a little more. I didn't get a big enough can of the cream of chicken, so I added extra sour cream, and also added milk and the extra cheese I had left over. I am not a huge fan of the artificial chicken flavor, so this helped in fixing that for me.
This is best chicken casserole. I found it difficult and time consuming to dip and dredge the chicken so I greased my dish, out down a layer of crushes ritz crackers, a layer of cheddar cheese, then layered the chicken dipped in milk and then reversing the layering with cheese then topped with the rest of the crushed cracker. SO much easier and came out just as good.
Egad! cannot believe how picky people can be. Not only was this recipe super easy: there are not enough accolades in me and my family to describe "how awesome is this meal!" The sauce, again, cannot describe how good! Family fought over what was stuck to pan.