Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
not a very unique name..but I like this recipe..just messed around one day and decided to use up some small amounts of cereal left in boxes..Measure the cereal then crush it slightly..If you crush then measure..it will be too much cereal..I always "underbake" my cookies..the residual heat in cookies will finish the cookies Try using different flavor cake mixes sometimes I add dried cherries, cranberries or raisins..always like to do something different to change the recipe a little
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg water and oil.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until blended.
- Stir in cereals, coconut and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tspful onto prepared cookie sheets.(greased, sprayed or lined with parchment paper about 2" apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time, for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheets or until firm then transfer cookies to racks and cool completely.
Very easy to make and quite tasty. I baked them at 350 and I got 7 dozen cookies. I used egg whites, applesauce instead of oil and also added 1/2 cup of raisins. Definitely a keeper and I will try a spice cake mix and add chopped apple and raisins. Thanks for posting this recipe.