Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Food Network. It's a Sunny Anderson recipe from Cooking for Real.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 5 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, zest of
- Fill a large pot half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Toss in florets to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining salt, red pepper flakes and lemon zest. When oil is ready, remove half the florets from the batter and add to the oil. Cook until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain to paper towels. Sprinkle generously with seasoned salt. Repeat with second batch of florets. Serve immediately.