Recipe by Chef PotPie
This recipe can also be used for other kinds of fish. It's lowfat, and I got it from Cooking Light Magazine several years ago.
Top Review by Dulcet Kitchen
This was excellent! I wish I could give it 10 stars, because, I mean, sometimes if you want fried fish, you've got to fry it...but with this recipe I tricked my dear BF--"it's not fried?" he said. The breading is fantastic--great flavor, stays on the fish, and nice and crispy. After 10 min in the oven I was a little afraid that it wasn't going to turn out crispy, but after turning the fillets and baking for another 10, they were perfect. I will definitely make this again, with the only potential change being that I may double-bread the fillets. This breading is just so good, and in my opinion, the crispier the better, and when you're not frying the fish why not double-bread? Thanks for a GREAT recipe!
- 2 tablespoons light ranch salad dressing
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 ounces catfish fillets
- cooking spray
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine dressing and egg whites, whisk well.
- Combine cornmeal, parmesan, flour, pepper and salt in shallow dish.
- Pat fish dry, dip in egg mixture and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-12 minutes each side until lightly browned and fish flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon wedges.