Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can also be used for other kinds of fish. It's lowfat, and I got it from Cooking Light Magazine several years ago.
- 2 tablespoons light ranch salad dressing
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 ounces catfish fillets
- cooking spray
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine dressing and egg whites, whisk well.
- Combine cornmeal, parmesan, flour, pepper and salt in shallow dish.
- Pat fish dry, dip in egg mixture and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-12 minutes each side until lightly browned and fish flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This was excellent! I wish I could give it 10 stars, because, I mean, sometimes if you want fried fish, you've got to fry it...but with this recipe I tricked my dear BF--"it's not fried?" he said. The breading is fantastic--great flavor, stays on the fish, and nice and crispy. After 10 min in the oven I was a little afraid that it wasn't going to turn out crispy, but after turning the fillets and baking for another 10, they were perfect. I will definitely make this again, with the only potential change being that I may double-bread the fillets. This breading is just so good, and in my opinion, the crispier the better, and when you're not frying the fish why not double-bread? Thanks for a GREAT recipe!
Great way to fix catfish without frying. Served with Tartar Sauce and Baked Hush Puppies. Even my child who normally turns his nose up at fish ate this. Will make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Excellent fish recipe! Love the flavor the ranch gives it! And the breading really stays on great. I made a fish sandwhich tonight to make a copy cat fish fillet from mcdonalds, and I think that with this fish it tasted better than mcdonalds! Great recipe! Made for ZWT 3!