Recipe by mailbelle
Basic baked fish. Flounder works well in this recipe also.
Top Review by **Jubes**
Easy recipe and healthy too. I used a gluten-free dressing and bread crumbs to make this recipe diet suitable. Cooked up great in the oven. I think the trick is to have the oven fully heated and the oven rack in the briler jeeps the fresh crisp coating underneath the fish while it bakes. I would recommend keeping a fine coating of the cornmeal mixture. I used basa fillets which seems to be the closest Aussie equivelant to catfish fillets. Photo also being posted
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing or 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush dressing on all sides of fish.
- Coat fish with cornmeal mixture.
- Place fish on rack in broiler pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.