Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Basic baked fish. Flounder works well in this recipe also.
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing or 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix cornmeal, breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush dressing on all sides of fish.
- Coat fish with cornmeal mixture.
- Place fish on rack in broiler pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Easy recipe and healthy too. I used a gluten-free dressing and bread crumbs to make this recipe diet suitable. Cooked up great in the oven. I think the trick is to have the oven fully heated and the oven rack in the briler jeeps the fresh crisp coating underneath the fish while it bakes. I would recommend keeping a fine coating of the cornmeal mixture. I used basa fillets which seems to be the closest Aussie equivelant to catfish fillets. Photo also being posted
Very good and easy recipe! my husband liked it and he's really picky. This is my second time making it, so I am commenting now. The first time I rolled the fish in the ranch dressing, but it didn't give the "feeling of traditional fried catfish" so this time I melted about 2-3 tablespoons of butter, and it tasted much better