Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a great lightly seasoned crispy coating for catfish (or other fish) using Rice Krispies (or other crisp rice cereal).
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 lbs catfish fillets
- oil (for frying)
- In a shallow bowl, whick together the egg and milk.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cereal, flour, cornmeal and seasonings.
- Dip the fish fillets into egg mixture, then coat with cereal mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4-inch of oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the fillets for 5-7 minutes on each side.
This is great!! I like this coating for catfish because it is not overly corn meal tasting like some. It has nice balance of flavor and texture. Thanks for this delicious recipe!