- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (3 ounce) packages microwave popcorn, popped (16 cups)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from heat, and stir in soda.
- Place half of popcorn and, if desired, nuts in each of 2 lightly greased shallow roasting pans. Pour sugar mixture evenly over popcorn; stir well with a lightly greased spatula.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool, breaking apart large clumps as mixture cools. Store in airtight containers.