Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crispy and chewy, these are good!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt in double boiler over low heat the caramels, 1/4 cup margarine and sweetened condensed milk.
- Keep warm.
- Melt the 1/2 cup margarine and 1 package marshmallows in dutch oven over low heat; add Rice Krispies; mix well.
- Press 1/2 to 1/3 of Rice Krispie mixture into a buttered 9x13-inch pan.
- Layer the other package of marshmallows over the Rice Krispies and pour the caramel mixture over the marshmallows.
- Pat the rest of the Rice Krispies over the top.
- Press down lightly with buttered fingers and cool until firm enough to cut into bars.