Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw mention of this on browniepoints.com (one of my favorite foodie blogs) and had to go digging for the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 20 -25 gummy worms
- 10 -15 rolls fruit leather (preferably green)
- Grease a 12- by 17-inch baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies until it's evenly coated.
- Turn the baking sheet so that the shorter ends are at the top and bottom.
- Press the marshmallow mixture onto the sheet, distributing it evenly.
- Starting at one side an inch up from the lower edge, place gummy worms on top of the mixture end to end in a hortizontal line.
- Gently roll the lower edge of the marshmallow mixture over the gummy worms.
- Then stop and cut the log away from the rest of the mixture.
- Use the same method to form 4 more logs.
- Slice each log into 1-inch-thick "sushi" rolls and wrap them individually with a strip of fruit leather.
Huge hit with the kids!!
Easy, yummy and a real winner with all the kids! Thank you.
I make these all the time. The kids go crazy over them and their school friends request them for class parties. I use fruit roll-ups for the outside and usually use strawberry. They really look cute when they're done. I suggest waiting a few minutes before pressing the mixture into the baking sheet, as it's not as sticky after sitting. I also wait a few minutes before rolling, as that can get messy too, and it's still pliable but not as sticky if you wait. Kids everywhere will love you if you make these for them!