Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Can be made for dinner or great as lunch.Quick and easy.
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut in strips and seasoned with kosher salt)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (found in the produce section near pre-packaged salad)
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Cook chicken till juices run clear (about 20 minutes).
- Add cloeslaw mix.
- Reduce heat to med.
- ,coverand cook till cabbage wilts.
- Add seasons to tastes.
- Remove from heat and add mayo.
- (I recomend allowing chicken to cool a little before adding mayo.) Spoon on warm tortillas.
We really loved this! I believe this is an Eat Better America recipe and we made it with a little dijon mustard in the mix too. Easy, healthy, inexpensive and yummy...what more could you want? Thanks crawfish pie.....
I cut the proportions down to half, and this recipe still made about 6 servings! It was good. I added some dill and hot sauce to the chicken while cooking, and some apple cider vinegar and sugar to the mayo (full-fat mayo for us; that's what we keep around) before stirring it in. I expected it to taste more like chicken coleslaw, I guess, and it didn't; I'm not really sure exactly what it ended up tasting like. It was good though! I'll make this again. Next time I might add some onion.