Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
In response to Sandwich Maker recipes.
- 2 6-inch flour tortillas
- beef or pork, shredded and cooked
- refried beans, warmed
- shredded cheese
- Preheat sandwich maker.
- Lightly mist wells with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla in the sandwich maker, top with 1 Tbsp.
- each: meat, beans, salsa, and cheese.
- Top with remaining tortilla.
- Close and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some shredded lettuce.
These were a nice simple snack or meal -- depending on what one puts into them. Could easily be dressed up with things like black olives, green chilies, jalapanos, ets. I do agree with the other reviewers that it is best to butter the tortillas for better crispness and flavor. Thanks :)
What a quick, easy and FUN way to make sandwiches. I did butter the tortillas first. Very good sandwich and I will definitiely make these again. thanks so much for sharing, Shanna Bennett.
I had a hard time making my tortillas fit the sandwich maker, but my kids still ate it up. I didn't use the beans (kids don't like them). I added a bit of sour cream instead. They tasted better if I buttered the tortillas first.