Take buffalo style and apply it to crispy catfish fillets and you get = yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- cayenne, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- celery rib
- good blue cheese dressing
- 1Combine cornmeal, flour, ground chili powder, cayenne to taste, garlic powder, salt, and pepper on a shallow dish.
- 2Coat each fillet in the beaten egg, then dredge in the cornmeal mixture.
- 3Place breaded fillets in a single layer on a plate, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set breading.
- 4In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbsp of the butter together with the oil.
- 5Take chilled fillets from refrigerator and brown them until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer cooked fish to serving plates.
- 7Over low heat, heat remaining butter in the same pan you cooked the fish in; sauté the minced onion and minced garlic clove for 3 minutes, then stir in the hot pepper sauce, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to get up the cooked bits.
- 8Divide the sauce between the 4 servings and drizzle over the fillets.
- 9Serve fillets immediately with good blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Buffalo Style Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.7
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 916.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g