Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just saw this on Food Network, have not had a chance to make it yet. It sounds very interesting. I may chop the apples a bit more than the recipe calls for. Also, I think pecans would be good too. I am putting it here for safe-keeping.
- 4 ounces thick slab applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, washed, trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a sheet pan, lay out bacon slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned and the fat has rendered. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Carefully toss Brussels sprouts in the hot pan, and season with salt and pepper. Return the pan to the oven, and roast, turning once, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the walnuts and apples and toss to combine. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving platter, top with the bacon, and serve warm.
A friend made this recipe for my husband and I and we all loved it! So glad someone posted it:) This totally changed my mind about brussels sprouts - I love them!!