Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
I saw this recipe on the Betty Crocker Website. These look so delicious! In the original recipe, it has 3/4 cup chopped peanuts that you add to the top of the frosting layer, but I despise nuts and so these are optional if you like them! I am not including the chill times, just in preparing in each step.
- 24 ounces betty crocker Original Supreme brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb vanilla frosting
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (2)
- Make the brownies by combining the brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs. Stir well. Pour the batter into a large baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for about 18-20 minutes and they are cooked through.
- Cool completely for about an hour. Frost the brownies and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- While the brownies are chilling again, melt the peanut butter and the chocolate chips in a large pan on the stove. Add the crispy rice cereal and stir well. Remove the brownies from the refrigerator and pour the cereal mixture on top of the frosting, smoothing out the top. Allow to cool completely until set, for about 25 minutes or until ready to serve.