Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so good and good for you! i never get 6 dozen out of this probably cuz we all eat them as they're made!
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix Peanut butter, honey, nuts, vanilla, and cinnamon into a bowl. add cereal and stir gently until cereal is well coated. with wet hands form mixture into bite-sized balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter, place on waxed paper.
these were good, and my toddler liked them. I think an extra cup of cereal and pressing that into an 8x8 dish would be better then trying to handle these sticky balls. They also need to be refridgerated in order to firm abit.
A quick no-bake snack. Our school is peanut free so I substituted cashew butter and dried cranberries. I find these quite sweet and would reduce the honey somewhat.
well; im not sure where "honey" falls on the vegan issue but i have a jar of "raw honey" that i ordered from a vegan foods company and it states "vegan" on the label everywhere, including the ingredients so that one may be on the line. i did, however, use it in this recipe for my daughter who loved them. i followed the easy recipe but used cruchy peanut butter so i didnt add any extra nuts and went a bit less on the cinnamon as she isnt too fond of it. thanks for the great recipe!